Health Utilisation Catalogue
A harmonised inventory of data on healthcare utilisation in LongITools cohort countries (UK, France, Finland, Netherlands, and Norway). It will include health policies, laws and regulations in these countries, providing a valuable source of exogenous variations* for use in life-course modelling.
This novel analytical tool will enable researchers to estimate the causal effects of these exogenous variations (e.g., pension rules, state benefits, healthcare system reforms) and their impacts on the utilisation of health services (e.g., hospitalisations, medication, specialist referrals). The inventory sits alongside the LongITools Metadata Catalogue, enabling cross-country comparative studies on the burdens of chronic cardio-metabolic disease and the relevant regulations developed to address it.
* Variations outside of the influence of the model.
Timescale for completion: Autumn 2021
TECHNOLOGY READINESS LEVEL (TRL)
Description of TRL levels
- TRL 1 – Basic principles observed
- TRL 2 – Technology concept formulated
- TRL 3 – Experimental proof of concept
- TRL 4 – Technology validated in lab
- TRL 5 – Technology validated in relevant environment
- TRL 6 – Technology demonstrated in relevant environment
- TRL 7 – System prototype demonstration in operational environment
- TRL 8 – System complete and qualified
- TRL 9 – Actual system proven in operational environment